Giant Monsters and Magical Girls
The Mithril Star
A project still in infancy, the Mithril star was created with one purpose: to train up an order of magic-wielding knights known as Paladins. Inspired by the Holy knights of Dartannia, the order was established by Sir Blaedfast and his friend, Sir Braedrolf, under the supervision of the Fairblest royal family (see Mirai Fairblest). With help from the magi of the alchemist’s guild in Arland and the knights of Calendor, the order has already attained some status and notoriety as a force to be reckoned with.
On top of the knight’s oath of Calendor, Paladins of the Mithril star are sworn to abide by a strict set of principles. Their coda states that a Paladin is:
- To serve the Once and Future King in Valor and Faith.
- To Protect the weak and defenseless.
- To give succour to widows and orphans
- To refrain from course language and giving of (undue) offense.
- To live by Honor for Glory.
- To despise pecuniary reward.
- To fight for the welfare of all.
- To respect Authority as God-given.
- To guard fellow knights and paladins
- To Eschew unfairness, meanness, and deceit.
- To keep the faith & uphold the good name of the Mithril Star.
- (Men) To observe & defend the respect & honor of women.
- (Women) To observe & defend the responsibility of men.